Thursday, June 18, 2009

One Minute Writer

There are times I do not post because I feel I have nothing to say. Other times, I simply do not have time...until now. I came across The One-Minute Writer. It is a writing prompt site, but it limits you to only writing for one minute. Today's prompt was hindsight, it touched a chord in me so I am going to try it.

Since "hindsight is 20/20," I now know that...I would never want to go back and try to do it all again. It wouldn't matter, I would do things all the same or make an even bigger mess of things. And despite all of the mistakes I have made, or the bad things that have happened, there are some wonderful things I would never want to give up. I do not want to go "back to the future" and risk screwing up the gifts and lessons that I have gleaned from all of this.

Okay, one minute is a lot shorter than I thought it would be. So...I am going to finish up some thoughts. The hindsight of looking over the past, makes me like who I am now much more. It reinforces to me how blessed I am and how much I have grown. It makes me realize that some of the worst things that ever happened to me were really the best things for me at the time. It tells me I am not done growing yet, it makes me yearn for more knowledge and more experiences. It lets me know that I will never be too old to gain either one.

3 comments:

Louise said...

I'm glad for you, Alice, that you feel this way. Right now I'm having a hard time to see things into the right perspective, whether I'm looking back or forward. It's good to read your words.

Wishing you a good week, love Louise.

Alice said...

Louise,

It is always good to hear from you. I have not always had a good perspective, I do still struggle at times. But I do look back on the goals I once had and I am extremely grateful things happened that sidelined them. I have also been blessed with strong women from my past, who taught me perseverance before I knew to appreciate it. Now I am blessed by voices from around the world that speak to me through this interweb.

Eventually, you may come to see you are right where you need to be. Because from here we can go anywhere.

Louise said...

Thank you, Alice, again... (many hugs)