Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Wish for the New Year

My Grown Up Christmas List - Kelly Clarkson


As of tonight both the holidays and the year are over. I am sure there are a good many people who are saying good riddance to 2008. This has been a difficult and challenging year. The economy has affected every social and economic strata. I believe that every one of you reading here has felt the pinch. Even on the brink of this new year, we all face uncertainty of what it might bring. Yet, each of you is also blessed. It may not feel that way, but by the simple fact that you are reading this, I know you have a computer and a place to plug it in. Not everyone is so lucky. Hard financial times have another effect. Donations to shelters and food pantries are significantly decreased. The number of people needing services from them is greater than ever. January is typically the leanest month as far as donations are concerned. I am only asking that you don't forget that the need does not go away after Christmas, it continues year round. Please address it in the way your heart and your resources will allow.

Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

2 comments:

Louise said...

I'm sorry It's a bit late Alice, but thank you for this post; I know several people on both sides of the ocean who can use all the help they can get, even though they hate to accept.

Wish you well.

Alice said...

Louise,
I hope your new year is off to a wonderful start.
Alice