Monday, January 12, 2009

Just another Monday night

Work was really great today. We were busy enough to keep the guys occupied, but not too busy to be able to sit down and have a little fun. I had forgotten what it was like to have a co-worker who actually carries some of the workload. I was able to finish up December's paperwork (yes, I know it is January 12th) and to ship some of the contract work the guys have done.

Since being home for two weeks and then returning to working full days, the dogs will not leave my side when I get home. Wherever I am, they are right there at my feet (or under them). This evening was no different, while I was cooking dinner, I had to constantly watch, so not to trip over them. Tonight was clean out the refrigerator night. That means that I do a quick scan of everything that needs to be used or pitched and make something out of it. Sort of a skillet dinner ala Alice. It usually turns out quite tasty, the downside is that it is a one-time meal. I will never fix it exactly the same way again (though, that is sort of true, even for recipes). Dinner was a spicy Mexican number. It was going to be Italian, until the fresh basil was not so fresh and I decided to use cilantro and sour cream instead. About 20 minutes from fridge to table. I am amazed by the number of people who rely on take out or boxed dinners to feed their families. I certainly could not afford carry-out very often and I hate those dinner kits that come in a box. Everything they include, I usually have in my kitchen (only fresher, without being processed and preserved).

If I had a digital camera, I would absolutely have a cooking blog. Because, what I need is another blog to have to post on.

2 comments:

Greenwoman said...

You can add recipes here. I"d love that. *smiles*

Alice said...

Shannee,
I have thought about it and I just might try to. My problem is that by the time I throw in "a little of this and a little of that" I can't remember what the recipe is exactly.
Alice