Monday, January 26, 2009

What's up Doc


I saw my doctor today. I'm not sick, this was for my yearly labs and check-up. My doctor and I have quite a history, we have known each other for a long time. He found my cancer, watched me cry and got me through my treatment and recovery. He watched me cry and counseled me through my father dying. He watched me cry and counseled me through my son's addiction. Let's just say, he has watched me cry a lot, even when I never cried (at least outside of his office). Well today, he basically told me I am getting old. Okay, not his exact words, but that was the gist of it. He gave me a list of tests and extra bloodwork he wants me to have done and then proceded to tell me that "many women your age blah, blah, blah." Of course, he also told me that my medication may need to be increased. Maybe that is why I am tired and having trouble concentrating. (Or maybe I am jusy getting old.) I think he is projecting. We are the same age. A couple of years ago, he had a heart attack and then lectured me on my lifestyle choices. Today, I wanted to tell him that I feel young, maybe he is getting old.

3 comments:

David said...

It's going around, I hear.

Alice said...

David,
Good to hear from you. I found your last post to be quite nice and sexy. Maybe we aren't getting older at all, just better.
Alice

David said...

Thank you, last post meaning the one from , 5 hours ago? I am glad you like it. It was intended to be subtle, and sensual and hopefully erotic.