Friday, March 26, 2010

Postscript


The last chapter of this story occurred last night when J came to visit me. He came bearing gifts. He brought me a new coffee maker, for no reason other than I needed it. He also told me he bought it before he read my post here. He said that he didn't want me to think he was presumptuous or trying to replace what I had (i.e. a gift from my father).

I am thrilled! His loving thoughtfulness brought tears to my eyes. I do not think he is at all presumptuous, I think he is thoughtful and generous. It has made me reflect how three of the most important men in my life all have blessed me and gifted me with the same appliance. (Is it that obvious I love my coffee?) On three different occasions, a gift of a coffee maker has touched me and pleased me more than perfume, jewelry or any other gift that is supposed to be so perfect for a woman. I am a practical girl, give me a practical, useful gift over a romantic one any day. (Well most days, J does spoil me with flowers from time to time and I love flowers!)

The act of making coffee has never meant so much. I will now think how lucky, and absolutely blessed, I am to be thought of, cared for and loved by so many wonderful men. Each of them in a different role in my life, but each of them equally important and cherished.

2 comments:

Greenwoman said...

What a great guy! *smiles*

Louise said...

Ah yes, you are lucky, and blessed! And so are the men in your life. Wish you well, Alice... I'll drop by from time to time. *smiles*