Monday, October 27, 2008

A New Outlook

Photobucket

Saturday, my grandchildren came over and we went to a nearby church for a Halloween party. This is not a church that I attend, but they host a lot of community outreach events. I was pleasantly amused when as we arrived, their sound system was playing "Let's do the Time Warp" from Rocky Horror. Although, there were no transvestites, we were greeted by a 1920's flapper. This is a church where I might feel comfortable.



It was a lovely event planned for the little ones, unfortunately for the church, the turn out was small. Lucky for us though, the kids got lots of attention and lots of loot. Afterwards we went out for hamburgers and ice cream. I don't mind getting them sugared up when I know I am sending them home. They will be back next Friday to trick or treat and then spend the night. That sugar rush will be all mine!

Sunday was a lazy day. I went to the grocery, and to the thrift store with my daughter-in-law to round out the kids' winter wardrobes. The rest of the day was spent cleaning, cooking and playing with the dogs. I really needed a couple of fun and lazy days. I think I will be able to return to work with a much better outlook.

Just wanted to write something short and sweet, to let you all know that I am coming out of my funk. And of course, I can't resist ending with another cartoon of a political nature. The election will be here before you know it.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Louise said...

Loved the cartoons! Good to hear you're feeling better. I keep my fingers crossed for the election!

Romeo Morningwood said...

I spent the better part of the 80s and early 90s in the Pentechostile church world..and yes I made a lousy adherent.

I always let my kids dress up for Hallowe'en despite the warnings of celebrating Satan's reign..talk about a bunch of wet blankets.

They tried to take all of the Ho's out of Christmas too.

Now at the age of 50 my world is unwrapped and unwarped and I am absorbing as much as I can to understand why we can't accept the fact that we are only one species and all the rest are add-ons that separate us...it was a lot easier looking at everything in black and white.

Now my Gold Standard is from Oscar Wilde who said, “It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.”

Alice said...

Thank you Louise. It is good to hear from you.

Mr. Coppens. Thanks for checking out the blog. I do love Halloween, I always have.
What a great quote, I will file it away for future use