Friday, June 6, 2008

Music

I have always listened to a very wide array of music. There are very few types of music that I cannot appreciate. Music is the soundtrack of the times. Each culture, each era, each struggle is reflected in the music of that time. Music allows us to express our emotions and desires. Love, grief, rebellion, celebration, injustice, lust, angst, all of these are reflected in song.

If I were a teenager now, this is what I would be listening to. Oh wait, this is what I listen to.

The sexual revolution will never die as long as teenagers exist.


Nor will their quest for finding themselves and independence.




If you're wondering where the protests of the 60's and 70's went;


Not everyone's cup of tea I know, but the songs do manage to make their point. When my sons' were teenagers, we never fought over what was playing on the car radio. We only argued about how loudly I was allowed to sing along.

No comments: