Saturday, June 14, 2008

sidewalk chalk and popscicles

I had class Saturday morning, but the evening was been spent with my grandchildren. They are an education in themselves. I love stepping back and viewing the world through their eyes.

We created sidewalk masterpieces that will only last until the next rain. Then we wore ourselves out playing hopscotch, kickball and jumping rope, at least I am wore out. When I suggested popscicles would help us cool off, they told me to "bring the whole box out, Mommy and Daddy always let us have three each." After eating one apiece, we had green, blue and red tongues, respectively. By the time baths were done and pajamas were on, we (I) were all ready to collapse in the bed.

This morning has been pancakes, eggs and walking the dogs. Playdoh is out now, but we have more flowers to plant later. Little people have to stay busy at my house, I don't have that electronic babysitter that too many folks use. If the house is not too hot later and I am not too tired, we'll bake muffins or cookies for dessert. Grandchildren are my reward for surviving their father's teenage years.

I will have to practice, these dogs jump rope better than I do.

2 comments:

Louise said...

And these dogs jump rope on all fours.... *smiles* Great to read how you love to be and do things with the kids. That is wonderful.

Alice said...

Though there are things I can do on all fours, I know jumping rope is not one of them. *giggles*

The kids do wear me out, but they also keep me young.