Monday, August 18, 2008

Michele Bachmann - US Representative from Minnesota

On global warming

on Terri Schiavo

Who the hell is this woman, and why can't someone get a muzzle on her? It is embarrassing to have a public official speaking out so ignorantly and foolishly. While I concede that many politicians distort facts and put a spin on things to support their causes, she actually believes the bullshit she is spouting. It is amazing to me that the religious right can get people elected solely on their religious beliefs. Are there not any intelligent, educated christian conservatives? (I know there are, I have met them and had discussions with them.) Do they have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find candidates that are simply a joke? In her speech on global warming, she goes on to say that we do not need to take action to save the planet. Why? Because Jesus Christ did that already. I am sure that Christ will be pleased to know that his sacrifice entitled us to destroy the planet. Even from a Judeo/Christian viewpoint, whatever happened to man having dominion over the earth? Dominion means having sovereignty or authority. I realize that one can be a good ruler or a poor and selfish ruler, but to me authority should entail being a good steward with resources. Man's directive to subdue the earth should not translate into destroy.

Of course, this is the same woman claiming that Terri Schiavo was healthy, I have never considered a persistant vegetative state to be healthy. And yes, I have a Living Will to define my wishes in the event that I cannot. I can appreciate someone's fanatical religious views and beliefs. I have some dearly held beliefs myself, however, I do not feel the need to impose them on everyone. I have family in Minnesota, I know not everyone who lives there is mindless or backward (even if ice-fishing is a popular winter activity). I just do not know how this woman got elected. Please forgive me if you are mindless and backward a religious conservative, I certainly do not mean to offend.

No comments: