Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Christian

Chances are you have already seen this. Even though the footage is over 30 years old, it has become a You Tube sensation. It has been aired on The View, The Today Show, and Good Morning America. The reunion scene from this moved me to tears. I absolutely believe in the love that people and animals can have for each other.



A correction and addendum to this story. Ace's last name is Bourke, the video mistakenly identifies him as Berg. Also, these two men did arrange for Christian to be reintroduced to the wild, but George Adamson (of Born Free fame, and the older man in the footage) actually did the rehabilitation. George Adamson was murdered in 1989, but his conservation efforts live on. To make a donation or purchase a DVD about this amazing story go to Born Free Foundation.

2 comments:

Louise said...

Hi Alice, finally I could catch up and read all your recent posts. Funny to read you're addicted to freerice too, sorry to hear about your PMS troubles. One of the very few things that helps me when having migraine, is ginger; that is: oral, as a tea. *winks* But seriously, I do hope you'll find something that will give some relief. It's a mystery to me how you manage to do all the things you do AND write the blogs the way you do! Love, Louise

Alice said...

Louise,
Thank you for your comments. I will have to try the tea. As far as getting so much accomplished, it doesn't always get done and what does get done is sometimes less than perfect. I am beginning to accept that. LOL.

Writing is a way of keeping my sanity (to the extent that I do). It is my way of thinking through things and keeping myself in check. I used to keep a private journal, but public blogging helps me be honest with myself and getting feedback from others gives me insight and encouragement. I cherish the friendships and connections that I have made through the blogs.
((Hugs)) Alice